JTB FlexReport is a report tool for applications using FlexNet / FLEXlm (flexlm license manager), IBM LUM (IBM License Use Management), DSLS (Dassault Systèmes License Server), SPLM (Intergraph SmartPlant License Manager), SLM/Sentinel LM/Sentinel RMS/Sentinel Protection Server/SafeNet Sentinel (SafeNet / Gemalto), LM-X, Solidworks SNL License Manager, T-Systems license manager product LICMAN, Vertex Systems, MathLM (Wolfram Mathematica license manager), RLM (Reprise License Manager), Ranorex, Venturis (TRICAD), Altium, Primavera from Oracle, GHSlm (Green Hills Software License Manager), LSTC-Dyna (LS-DYNA / Ansa / mETA / Livermore Software Technology Corporation), BETA LM (BETA CAE Systems), PKit license manager (PersonalQM / Method Park / Stages) or 12D software licensing. With JTB Process Monitor any Windows application like Acrobat, Visio, Bentley MicroStation, single licensed AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT can be reported usage of.
Do you want to optimize your software purchases tomorrow? JTB FlexReport is an inexpensive solution that will help you. By the license tracking JTB FlexReport does and the graphic reports that can be produced JTB FlexReport will help you to manage and forecast future license usage and license usage trends at your company.
Is SAMsuite, SAMreport or FlexNet Manager/FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications a too expensive product or SAMreport-Lite not enough? Do you want better license statistics or searching for an alternative to FlexNet Manager for your floating licenses (concurrent licenses)? Need help with your software asset management? Then take a good look at JTB FlexReport.
Email or Contact us to get a time limited trial for free. You can try it in your environment with your real data for a few weeks with full functionality.
Full support is provided during trial period. Right after installing it for the first time it works in trial mode for 7 days. Email us the computer number as reported in JTB FlexReport Config>License Activation (install JTB FlexReport Core first).
We offer Proof of Value (POV) of JTB FlexReport, by the ability to testing its capabilities within your environment, so that you can build a business case for the software based on your own real data.
JTB FlexReport will help you to see the license usage over time and help to justify new purchases. This will help you to decide when and how many licenses you will need to purchase next time. Instead of guessing and purchasing more licenses than you really need you can save your money using JTB FlexReport. JTB FlexReport will help to implement Software Asset Management (SAM) procedures in your organization, optimize existing investments, be better prepared for Vendor Audits, reduce risks like unexpected software costs, maintain compliance, control costs and reduce costs.
Look at an introduction on YouTube, in Flash format or in PowerPoint format.
For PowerPoint version make sure you view the PowerPoint show as it's animated. Press F5 in PowerPoint.
(Download Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Viewer or newer if you don't have PowerPoint or the PowerPoint viewer)
Alternative online presentation format of the PowerPoint presentation.
JTB FlexReport web report demo
Visit http://jtbflexreportdemo.jtbworld.com to try the web report demo. Note the dates for available data to report on. To learn more about the reports and functionality see the Report Client Documentation. See also this blog post for an example of usage.
JTB FlexReport can produce HTML reports showing who uses the licenses right now. Basic report Sample 1. Advanced report Sample 2. These can be created manually or automatically and for example be put on SharePoint. See also the freeware JTB FlexReport LT.
Histogram Chart that can help to determine if you need more or less licenses. Notice how there are 25 licenses but probably it could be enough with 20 or even 15 licenses because there is very small percentage when there are more than 15 licenses used concurrently.
Data is also logged to a database so you can track the usage per user or host (computer) as well as work with groups of users or hosts. Great if you need help to split license costs. Groups of features or servers can also be created and be used for reporting upon.
Email notifications (alerts/reminders) when usage is exceeding a specified level.
Let's say you have 10 licenses of your software that costs $3,000 each. Now you have 20 users that shares these licenses. Do you know if you really need these 10 licenses or if you need more now when 2 more users are coming in? If you have JTB FlexReport it will be easier to make a correct decision. If you just need to purchase 1 less license imagine your ROI (Return Of Investment) and benefit of using JTB FlexReport.
With the help of JTB FlexReport you can minimize software and maintenance/subscription/renting spendings.
JTB FlexReport supports reporting on usage of applications and companies that uses FlexNet / FLEXlm from Flexera (formerly Globetrotter Software, Macrovision and Acresso), IBM LUM and applications like 12d Model from 12D Solutions, RISA (SLM based) and many more. Several thousands of independent software vendors have used the FlexNet / FLEXlm family of products. Among them are companies and/or applications from ANSYS (ANSYS License Manager), Abaqus, Autodesk, AVEVA (PDMS), Borland, Cadence, CADopia (IntelliCAD), Citrix (Citrix MetaFrame, Citrix XenApp), Cognos, EDS, Esri (ArcGIS), I-Deas, Macromedia, Mathsoft (MathCAD), Mathworks (Matlab), Mentor, Pixar, Platform, Progman/Cadcom, PTC (Pro-Engineer), Rasterx (RxView), Rational, Siemens PLM Licensing, Softimage, Solidworks, Sybase, Synopsys, Unigraphics, WindRiver, etc. IBM LUM is used by Dassault Systemes with applications like Catia and Enovia. LM-X is for example used by Solibri products. MathLM (Mathematica), Vertex Systems (Vertex BD - BIM Software for Steel and Wood Framing Construction, Vertex G4 - 3D Mechanical Engineering Software for Machinery Industries, Vertex Flow PDM / PLM Software).
RLM (Reprise License Manager) is for example used by Ansys/EvenAG, Bitplane, CadWorks, CMG (CMGL), Bricsys/BricsCAD, DesignBuilder, Elemental Tech, FEMTools/DDS, FINCAD, Genarts, GibbsCAM, Graebert (ARES), HumanSolutions, Lanner, LLamasoft, MAPublisher, Minesight, Oasys Design Systems, Programming Research, Runge, Siemens/KineoCam, Siemens/LMS (LMS International), Simerics, SolidAngle, Solver, StreamSim, TecPlot, Trace32 (Lauterbach), WesternGeco (Gedco). Import of RLM license server report log is available as well as snapshots taken with the rlmutil.exe utility.
This is an example of a detailed report created with JTB FlexReport. Every user is mapped to a group. The group can be a location, division, cost center, it's up to you. You can also see what users that are not within a group.
Report app that makes it easy to create different type of charts and reports of the license usage and historical usage. Create the reports manually or automatically on schedule to be published on a server as PNG files or emailed.
This report is showing how many hours each user has used applications each month sorted with the highest usage first.
If you have cascading licenses or multiple versions of the same application, you can combine the various separate reports to get a total usage. This way it can help you to comply with that your company are not using more licenses than allowed as can be the case if you for example have AutoCAD 2018, AutoCAD 2017, etc. on subscription from Autodesk.
Look at historical data of for example of 20 months where max usage per day is showed. Notice that the available number of licenses has been adjusted up and down. In this case the licenses are rented on a monthly basis.
Or 10 months.
Or just 5 days.
Any of the chart and list reports can be created automatically on a regular interval as PNG images and if a fixed name is used for them they can be put on a simple HTML page that users can access or for example SharePoint.
Drilldown to find who might have used licenses at a specific point in time.
Usage per Feature per Day.
Denied per Month. Notice in column LicenseFound how some users did not find a license within a reasonable time as well as how many times they were denied.
Concurrent Usage Per Month report showing max, min and average usage as well as standard deviation.
Find out what users have borrowed licenses but still are online and connected to the network and if needed contact them to return the license earlier.
Chart report on how many hours users have been using a feature.
IBM LUM idle time reporting is available where the the percentage idle time per Workbench, user and host is reported on per day, week or month. Contact us for details.
German privacy law compliance can be met by not recording any details about the users and hosts.
Multiple license servers in a LNA/WAN can be monitored from one location even across multiple time zones or countries. No limitation in number of servers, features, users or hosts that can be monitored.
FlexNet/FLEXlm support includes Floating (Concurrent) Licenses (also referred to as concurrent usage or network licensing), Redundancy via License-File List (distributed license servers), Redundant License Server Systems (triads or three-server redundancy) and node-locked licenses (Counted Licenses and Uncounted Licenses).
This is a list of systems that are not directly supported but JTB Process Monitor can report on the application usage of many of the applications using these license systems. Sentinel HASP (Aladdin HASP), Archicad wibu, Felics, Bentley licensing and SELECTserver, RSoft, GNS License Manager, Orcaflex, Transoft, Sparx, Bitlock, Elprocad, Rhino3d zoo, IBM Rational ClearCase Atria, EPLAN License Manager (ELM).
Contact us if you have a need for full support of any of them or any that is not listed here.
Get ready to optimize network license and most any other software's usage as well as your software assets.
Network license assessment can be made easier with JTB World's license reporting for FlexNet and many other license systems.
Typical users of JTB FlexReport are: IT managers, Director of Information Technology, CAD managers, IT staff, IT technicians, IT Asset Management staff (ITAM), License Administrators, Software Compliance Specialists, Software and Sys Admins, Application Administrators, BIM/CAD Systems Managers, Asset Co-ordinators, Network Sys. Admin., Systems Administrators, Design Technologies Administrator, Technology Manager any many more.
JTB Process Monitor
This is a separately purchased module that expands the functionality of JTB FlexReport to be able to record and monitor usage of processes or applications.
This opens the door to monitor usage of standalone applications like Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD LT or applications with network licenses that otherwise are not supported by JTB FlexReport. And with that you can reduce cost and optimize licensing for many more products.
There is a service part and a client part of the application and two separate installers. The data is saved into the main JTB FlexReport database and reports on the usage can be done in the normal way. This means that JTB FlexReport also needs to be installed. The client computer does not need to be connected to the network all the time. It still can monitor the usage and when connected again it will send back the data to the server.
JTB Process Monitor is useful while preparing to convert standalone licenses to network licenses as it will help to know how much the applications are used and by what users.
Another usage scenario is to identify users that might not need a full license.
There are also applications that even though they use FlexNet or LUM they are used only a few seconds or minutes and their usage recorded with JTB FlexReport is limited because of the snapshot intervals. With JTB Process Monitor also these applications can be more correctly monitored.
Optionally allow the user to select a project to associate with the session when an application is started.
If you have a need to split costs of software based on usage JTB Process Monitor will be a big help.
JTB Process Monitor can be used to report on what actual product is run on the client when using an Autodesk suite or collection license.
JTB Process Monitor can be set to report on actual usage of a software by monitoring mouse and keyboard usage within the software. So if the software is not being used for a certain time this will be detected.
See more in the JTB Process Monitor Documentation.
Downloads for the latest version 11.1.0. See also the Documentation and upgrade tips.
Note that version sometimes can be lower for individual installers and files.
See Revision History for details.
Email or Contact us to get a time limited trial for free. You can try it in your environment with your real data for a few weeks with full functionality.
Full support is provided during trial period. Right after installing it for the first time it works in trial mode for 7 days. Email us the computer number as reported in JTB FlexReport Config>License Activation (install JTB FlexReport Core first).
We offer Proof of Value (POV) of JTB FlexReport, by the ability to testing its capabilities within your environment, so that you can build a business case for the software based on your own real data.
JTB FlexReport Core
JTB FlexReport Core Setup 11.1.0.zip (7.7MB)
Mandatory installer. This is the main or core service needed to retrieve usage and save to the database. .NET Framework 4.0 or newer required.
Reports service and client
JTB FlexReport Report Service
JTB FlexReport Report Service 11.1.0.zip (8.6MB)
Optional but recommended installer. This is the report service that is needed for the creation of reports. .NET Framework 4.0 Extended or newer required. (.NET Framework 4.5 does not work, .NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer needed)
JTB FlexReport Report Client
JTB FlexReport Report Client 11.1.0.zip (9.4MB)
Optional but recommended installer. This is the client for the report creation. .NET Framework 4.0 Extended or newer required.
JTB Process Monitor service and client
JTB Process Monitor is priced separately and is not included with the purchase of JTB FlexReport. Let us know approximately how many computers it should monitor and contact us for a quote.
JTB FlexReport Process Monitor Service
JTB Process Monitor Service Setup 11.1.0.zip (4.4MB)
Optional installer. This is the service that is needed together with the JTB Process Service. .NET Framework 4.0 or newer required.
JTB FlexReport Process Monitor Client
JTB Process Monitor Client Setup 11.1.0.zip (2.5MB)
Optional installer. This is the client for the JTB Process Client. .NET Framework 4.0 or newer required.
SPLM (SmartPlant License Manager) service and client
JTB FlexReport SPLM Service
JTB FlexReport SPLM Service 11.1.0.zip (5.4MB)
Optional installer for monitoring of SPLM usage. This is the service that is needed together with the SPLM Client. .NET Framework 4.0 required or newer. Install on same machine as where core JTB FlexReport is running.
JTB FlexReport SPLM Client
JTB FlexReport SPLM Client 11.1.0.zip (2.7MB)
Optional installer for monitoring of SPLM usage. This is the client for the SPLM Service. .NET Framework 4.0 required or newer. Install on the SPLM license server.
Download of FlexNetFeatures.xml. Useful if there is no internet connection or access to the file is blocked where JTB FlexReport is installed. If you want to get descriptions for features in JTB FlexReport Config>Features then download this xml file to your desktop and save it into the JTB FlexReport folder and then click on JTB FlexReport Config>Features>Get Feature Descriptions.
Tracking of Primavera usage is available upon request.
These are two MS Access based tools to help merging multiple MDB databases into one or update an old one if there are database definition problems like indexes missing resulting in duplicate rows and other potential issues.
JTB FlexReport Merge DBs 11.0.0.zip
JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb 11.0.0.zip is an empty database if there is a need to start from scratch and you don't have the empty copy in the installation folder.
SQL Server scripts:
Backup old data: JTB FlexReport SQL backup old data 11.TXT
Delete old data: JTB FlexReport SQL delete old data 11.TXT
Create a copy of the database and upgrade the copy at the same time:
JTB FlexReport SQL create and copy db version 11.2.0.txt
This can be useful if JTB FlexReport is not able to automatically add new tables, new indexes or new columns.
To upgrade, uninstall previous JTB installations and install the new ones. Before uninstalling it is good practice to first stop the JTB services. Only the client installations can be installed without uninstalling previous version. If you want to be on the safe side make a backup of the database or the setup folder but that is normally not needed.
Some settings are saved in the registry and normally are upgraded correctly. But to be on the safe side backup of these keys can be done (one or both may exist):
If you want to start with a new database from scratch, backup, delete or rename the old database before installing the new version of JTB FlexReport Core. JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb is the MS Access database to use. For SQL Server see documentation how to create a new database.
If using MS Access database now it's time to remember to compact the JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb database using the Database Administration tool or MS Access.
JTB FlexReport Config > Update DB can be used to update the database definition to the latest if you plan to keep using an old database. Sometimes this update is not able to solve all problems. A more thorough method for MS Access databases is using JTB FlexReport Merge DBs <version>.zip, extract JTBFlexReportMergeDBs - manual start.mdb and follow the instructions in the .txt file. This can solve bloating databases due to missing or incorrect indexes. If using SQL Server database there are scripts that can help to update the database definition.
Run JTB FlexReport Config>Launch Service Configurator and make sure the settings are correct and press ok. Then check all other properties like license servers to monitor. Start service.
A good practice is to after a while make sure everything works after the upgrade. Start to check that JTBFlexReport2.htm found in JTB FlexReport folder looks ok.
Look for the JTBFlexReport.log file in the temporary folder (the folder can be set in JTB FlexReport Config and is as default %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\JTB World\JTB FlexReport). If there are errors in that file that you don't understand please zip and email it to us for further investigations.
Run JTB FlexReport Report Service Configurator and make sure the settings are correct. Press Configure and start services and use the two test buttons. Run the Report Client and verify that the reports are working.
Sometimes the following can be needed: Run JTB FlexReport Report Service Configurator, make sure JTB FlexReport Sampling Service is checked, press Configure and Start Services, then press Clear followed by Sampling All Records.
If "Log On As" has been manually modified for the Windows services of JTB FlexReport you need to modify this again after installing. Typical indicator can be that denials are no longer recorded or reported on even though the debug log paths are still available on the FlexNet tab.
If the configurator for the report service or client crashes or other strange errors happens it might help to uninstall, empty the installation folder except the license txt file and reinstall. Make also sure the .NET Framework is matching the requirement for the installer.
On some systems when running the installer nothing happens. This can be because the settings on the server does not allow running files downloaded from the internet. To solve this right click on the exe and msi files one at a time, select properties and click on unblock.
Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.0 or/and later is needed - Download from Microsoft.com.
When Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is needed, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is not enough to have installed. The full installer is needed (Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended). .NET Framework 4.5 also works instead of version 4. (.NET Framework 4.5 does not work with the report service/client, .NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer needed)
Operating system - Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2008 Server. 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported. Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (SP2) might work but are not supported. FLEXlm or FlexNet can be installed and run on other operating systems like Mac OS X, UNIX or Linux and is possible to report usage from but JTB FlexReport must run on a Windows OS.
Microsoft Access is not needed to have installed even if MS Access is selected to be used as database.
If MS SQL Server is used to host the database the following are supported: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2017, MS SQL Server Express 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Express 2012, MS SQL Server Express 2014, MS SQL Server Express 2016, MS SQL Server Express 2017.
2 GB is the limit for MDB files if MS Access is used.
4 GB is the limit if MS SQL Server Express 2005-2008 is used.
10 GB is the limit if MS SQL Server Express 2008 R2 or newer is used.
No limit if MS SQL Server is used.
JTB World is an Autodesk Authorised Developer
You can always try the product first to make sure it fills your needs. Full support is provided during the trial period.
Contact us for a price quote by sending an email to email@example.com. Include what applications you have and the number of licenses each or at least the total number of licenses / modules / features / components / bundles / packages you want to report on. No need to include free licenses.
The price is ranging from a few hundred USD and up depending on the amount of network licenses it should handle (for example $3668 USD for 451-500 network licenses to monitor) and depending how much customization that needs to be done, if any. Enterprise license is $7188 USD.
The price is normally not based on number of license servers, services or number of applications or features.
JTB Process Monitor is priced in relation to an estimation of number of clients. The price per license is approximately 1/4 of the price for the main core JTB FlexReport application plus a base cost of $475 USD. Let us know approximately how many computers it should monitor and contact us for a quote.
Price is also geography-based to make the price attractive and reasonable in some countries that typically have lower priced software. Token based licenses are priced in relation to the number of tokens and how much they are worth. Node-locked licenses can also be valued lower than floating licenses. Autodesk subscription customers only pay for the license count they have on subscription even if they have multiple versions. Example: Count the base product/package AutoCAD but not the sum of AutoCAD 2019, 2018 and 2017. And for bundles only count the bundle/suite/collection and not the products that are part of the bundle. If you have a situation that you have much more network licenses than you make use of let us know as we can take that into account and lower the price.
If you're interested in renting the software contact us for details.
Educational institutions like schools, high schools and universities with free or educational licenses like Autodesk Campus licenses are offered substantial discount.
The price includes installation support, support, most upgrades, bug fixes, minor customizations during the first year. The price also includes that you can increase the number of licenses to report on with around 10-20%.
Maintenance (15% of the purchase price) including upgrades and support is available on a yearly basis after the first year. Maintenance is entirely optional. Increases of the number of licenses or products can be adjusted at the time of the change if there is a big increase or when the maintenance is to be paid. The maintenance can be lowered if the number of licenses goes down. The maintenance price can change from year to year as the money value is changing and due to currency exchange factors.
Available payment methods depending on country where payment is done from: Local Bank Transfer (Canada), Wire Transfer to Canada, Interac e-Transfer, Cheque (to Canada). Via BlueSnap (Global Payment Gateway) these methods may be available (not a complete list as it is updated from time to time by BlueSnap): Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Apple Pay, Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney, SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit, Sofort, Giropay, iDeal and Alipay (SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit, PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) - Refund policy
If you decide to purchase we will send you details so you can make a bank wire transfer or we will send you a hyperlink to a secure e-commerce web site that will handle the purchasing.
Email the computer number as reported in License Activation and you will receive a license key to unlock and register JTB FlexReport after the purchase is done. The license is perpetual even if you don't need or want to pay maintenance you can still use JTB FlexReport for the version you last paid for and for up to the amount of licenses to monitor you purchased for. If upgrade or support or increase of licenses to monitor is needed maintenance needs to be renewed.
If you need to purchase through a reseller see this link.
Download the JTB FlexReport Core application documentation PDF.
Download the JTB FlexReport Report Service and Client Documentation PDF. At the end of the document there are several sample reports showing what the report app can achieve.
Download the JTB Process Monitor Documentation PDF.
SPLM (SmartPlant License Manager) documentation as below:
License file should be placed in the folder where the JTB FlexReport SPLM Service is installed.
This is the same license file as you have for JTB FlexReport core.
You need to run the setup.exe from JTBFlexReportSPLMService_(version no here).zip on the computer where you now have JTB FlexReport installed and running. You will get a configurator showing where you specify the path to JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb or whatever database you selected. Click on Configure and on Start Service. Take note of the port number and the server machine name as this is needed to configure the SPLM client.
JTBFlexReportSPLMClient_(version no here).zip needs to be copied to the SPLM server or servers and run setup.exe. In the configurator specify the path to pdlice.exe (local path required, example C:\path\pdlice.exe) and use the same port and name as in the service configurator. Click on Configure and click on Start. Then click on Exit.
Now if everything goes well you should eventually get SPLM usage added to JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb or whatever database you selected.
Autodesk Network License Manager and Autodesk GNUL licenses are supported.
See also the FlexNet Feature Codes page with most Autodesk feature codes ad their descriptions.
JTB World regards customer support high and if you consider purchasing our software we will support and guide you for free to be able to run and try it fully.
For any support questions, feature request or feedback feel free to contact us.
Support is most often provided via email. Skype, phone, web-meeting are also available if needed.
Support is included with the purchase during the first year. After that support is provided if you have a maintenance agreement with us.
The support of JTB FlexReport is included in the price during the first year.
Maintenance including upgrades and support is available on a yearly basis after the first year. Maintenance is optional unless there is an increase of licenses to monitor or there is a need for support or upgrades.
Most often support is given within 24 hours even though we cannot guarantee it.
- 2018-04-30 - JTB FlexReport 11.1.0
- JTB FlexReport Core
- Added support for new DSLS log format
- In HTML report for DSLS number of reserved licenses are showing
- Fixed a problem where Sentinel usage did not show up in HTML reports or being logged
- Fixed DSLS date parsing bug related to Korean date format
- Various bugs fixed in Group Administrator
- Database Administration bugs fixed where moving data did not always work
- Fixed a bug in JTB FlexReport Config>Features dialog box that made the first imported description to not be saved
- Changed column name in JTB FlexReport Config>Features dialog box from AppName to Feature
- Fixed a problem with HTML reports where not all servers were showing up
- JTB FlexReport Report Service and Client
- New feature for Histogram reports added. New summation checkbox. When Summation is checked and multiple features and/or servers are selected the result will be summed.
- Fixed problem when multiple features or servers are selected and in some cases only one of them are showing in the chart report
- Fixed problem to show the issued licenses line as expected in some chart reports, it could sometimes show only as a fixed horizontal line even if the issued licenses was going up or down
- Fixed problem with highlight today checkbox not working as expected
- Date format fixed in exported files to Excel for some reports
- Some export to Excel bugs fixed
- MinMaxAvg Concurrent Usage when aggregated on server now shows the column for the server in the report
- Histogram report bugs fixed
- Fixed a problem where feature was empty on some list reports
- JTB Process Monitor
- Various JTB Process Monitor bugs fixed
- JTB FlexReport SPLM
- Bug fixes where dates were not saved correctly when certain date formats were used
- JTB FlexReport Core
- 2018-01-05 - JTB FlexReport 11.0.4
- JTB FlexReport Core Setup updated to solve a problem where logging in some cases is not working for SQL Server
- Database script under download section updated: JTB FlexReport SQL create and copy db version 11.0.4.txt
- 2017-12-21 - JTB FlexReport 11.0.3
- JTB FlexReport Report Service and JTB FlexReport Report Client updated
- Fixed problem with Auto Reports existing in version 11.0.0 to 11.0.2
- JTB Process Monitor Service updated
- Fixed problem with error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in 11.0.0 and 11.0.1
- Known issue in JTB FlexReport Core 11.0 to 11.0.2 where logging in some cases is not working for SQL Server. (solved in 11.0.4)
- JTB FlexReport Report Service and JTB FlexReport Report Client updated
- 2017-12-20 - JTB FlexReport 11.0.2
- Fixed various errors in version 11.0.0 and 11.0.1
- Fixed problem to update database from old format in certain cases
- JTB FlexReport Core, JTB FlexReport Report Service and JTB FlexReport Report Client updated
- Known issue with Auto Reports
- Known issue with error on some reports with specific combination of settings, if running into any errors please report to us
- Known issue with Histogram reports created from the Feature Server tab, use the Detailed tab in the meantime
- 2017-12-19 - JTB FlexReport 11.0.1
- Fixed error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
- 2017-12-18 - JTB FlexReport 11.0.0
- Added support for GHSlm (Green Hills Software License Manager)
- Added support for LSTC-Dyna (LS-DYNA / Ansa / mETA / Livermore Software Technology Corporation)
- Added support for BETA LM (BETA CAE Systems)
- Added support for PKit license manager (PersonalQM / Method Park / Stages)
- Chart Client renamed to Report Client as it includes all list reports too
- No need for MS Access to create detailed list reports as these have been added to the Report Client
- The database has been size and speed optimized. The database structure is automatically updated
- RLM monitoring now has the option to include the feature version or not in the feature name
- Removed bug that could result in duplicate rows in the HTML report when DSLS is reported on
- Fixed a RLM parsing bug that could stop the parsing
- Automatically remove most empty rows in the grids in JTB FlexReport Config when it is opened
- JTB FlexReport Database Administration bugs fixed
- Fixed a problem where the HTML report could not be created when in some cases where features have very high number of issued licenses like 2147483647
- Fixed an error that could cause LM-X logging to fail
- Added support for RLM version 11.3 or newer with denials in the log file that resulted in not logging any data in previous versions of JTB FlexReport
- Removal of read-only attribute of copied log files to solve error
- Fixed issue with HTML reports that accidentally removed part of port@server text in some cases
- JTB Process Monitor - Solved a problem to map processes with a full path to the correct feature name
- JTB Process Monitor - Improved performance when "Idle Time" is being used
- New licensing of JTB FlexReport
- Other minor bug fixes
- 2016-12-15 - JTB FlexReport 10.3.0
- For FlexNet "ACTIVATED LICENSE(S)" the date and time for when the license is borrowed until is set to the current time as no other time is available to use.
- Fixed an issue caused by a new version (220.127.116.11) of lmutil.exe that could cause problems to report correctly if lingered or borrowed licenses were in use.
- Removes extra white space before user names for DSLS usage that in some cases can happen and cause duplicated usage.
- Removes 0@ from showing in HTML-reports. Specifically for SLM/RMS usage.
- JTB Process Monitor fixes issues with wrong start usage date being saved to the database.
- JTB Process Monitor Client uses much less CPU.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- 2016-09-12 - JTB FlexReport 10.2.0
- The Database Administrator now supports SQL Server
- Improved parsing of FlexNet debug logs
- Bug with test button for SLM/RMS tab fixed
- Issue with DSLS logging fixed
- Improved parsing of RLM report logs
- Fixed DSLS logging caused by new format used by DSLicSrv.exe
- Sentinel lsmon.exe bug solved where nothing was reported by lsmon.exe
- Sentinel feature names now include the version
- Sentinel usage support MaxLic setting in JTB FlexReport Config>Features so that your number of licenses can be used as this information is not available in the Sentinel logs
- Fixed an issue with import of Ranorex usage log
- Improved performance of denial logging to the database
- Fixed a problem in JTB FlexReport Config>Features causing the default of checkboxes to not work as expected when database is SQL Server. Manual fix of existing database can be needed
- Fixed a problem with the HTML report grouped on features that caused click to expand functionality not work as expected
- Fixed a problem parsing LM-X xml files
- Fixed a problem with user groups in the HTML report
- 2016-06-25 - JTB FlexReport 10.1.0 (update)
- JTB FlexReport Core was updated with a minor fix that caused errors when starting JTB FlexReport Config the first time.
- 2016-03-10 - JTB FlexReport 10.1.0
- Chart Service and Client only are updated.
- Fixed issue where Auto Reports in some cases (depending on date format) could fail.
- Fixed issue that could cause the Chart Client to fail when upgrading to version 10.0.
- Improved startup time of Chart Client.
- 2016-02-10 - JTB FlexReport 10.0.0
- Chart Client defaults to a Wizard mode that hides options depending on what report type is selected.
- Added Favorites functionality in Chart Client making it easier to access and create different reports.
- Improved performance and minimized CPU usage for the Chart Client and Service.
- Added issued license line to some charts that were missing it.
- Fixed a problem when interval is 1 week in Chart Client.
- Fixed Unique Chart not dropped to Zero issue.
- Fixed some date format issues in Chart Client.
- Fixed issues with the Auto Reports functionality.
- Fixed issues with Auto Filters in Chart Client.
- JTB FlexReport HTML Creator is a new tool to help create dynamic HTML pages based on automatically created charts.
- Fixed a parsing issue for Sentinel RMS License Manager logs
- Issue with 90 day reports in Detailed Reports fixed. The report did not work for certain date formats in some countries.
- If issued license count is 2,147,483,647 like for some Altair features it’s in reality not that so if the issued license count is more than 100,000,000 it will be forced to 100,000,000.
- DSLS Named Users now get the start time from “last used at” instead of “granted since”.
- DSLS user names with spaces supported
- Fix some issues with the importing using “Import of DSLS usage log” button in JTB FlexReport Config
- Fixed a parsing issue related to Sentinel’s lsmon.exe output when “License start date” is “No License start date!” causing an error to get usage.
- Added context menu in grids to delete current row in JTB FlexReport Config.
- Fixed a problem reading FlexNet denials from certain vendors like Nemetschek SCIA Engineer.
- Fixed an issue where SPLM logging did not respect the NoLog setting in JTB FlexReport Config>Features.
- Fixed several RLM parsing issues.
- Added option to include dongle with server name for 12D reports.
- Fixed AVEVA Sentinel issue causing duplicate usage being logged.
- Fixed DSLS issues that could cause wrong counts in reports.
- Detailed Reports based on 90 days did not work in some countries bug fixed.
- Other bugs and changes have also been done.
- 2015-04-12 - JTB FlexReport 9.2.0
- Chart Service and Client updated only.
- Changed to smaller width of current day lines.
- Preset values reverted to 6 months bug fixed.
- Fixed a regression problem where the current day did not show in some charts.
- Fixed some regression problems with charts not being created.
- Fixed a regression problem where some automatic reports did not work.
- Fixed a regression problem where denials did not show up in charts.
- Some other minor bugs fixed.
- 2015-04-05 - JTB FlexReport 9.1.1
- Problem to install on Windows Server 2003 solved.
- A problem with auto reports solved.
- A problem with logging of SPLM usage solved.
- 2015-04-01 - JTB FlexReport 9.1
- JTB FlexReport Chart Service and Client updated.
- Auto filtering is now possible when selecting for example features, servers, users and hosts (including their groups). If showing the features and servers and selecting one server the features list will be automatically filtered to show only the features available on that server. This can be activated/deactivated on the application menu at the top left.
- Drill down on denials added.
- Start up time of the client has been improved.
- Improved performance when using large databases. If you use SQL Server and you still don't see improvements you might need to manually add the new indexes. On the Download section at the bottom there are some scripts that can be used. Specifically "JTB FlexReport SQL create and copy db version 6.txt".
- Fixed some memory leaks causing RAM usage to increase.
- Improved sampling service performance.
- A lot of bug fixes has been made and upgrade is strongly recommended as some reports in earlier versions might show incorrect results.
- Auto reports might need to be set up again after this upgrade as a lot of improvements related to performance and reliability has been done. Normally it should work to select each report and press validate path and then save.
- Fixed a bug causing crash when showing certain charts in 3D.
- Cleared the 'No protocol binding matched the address' error on FlexReport Servie.
- Highlight today disabled in continuous chart.
- Allowed multiple email addresses with semicolon.
- Allow email servers with no password credentials.
- Issue with service and client on different domains fixed.
- One Export to Excel problem fixed.
- Fixed an issue when the features and servers lists did not populate.
- And several more issues being fixed.
- 2015-03-24 - JTB FlexReport 9.0
- JTB FlexReport Core and JTB Process Monitor are updated. JTB FlexReport Chart Service and Client will be updated soon.
- DSLS support added including import of historic logs and denials.
- The SLM tab is renamed to SLM/RMS and adds improved functionality for Sentinel RMS. AVEVA Licensing System fully supported.
- SPLM 2012 support added.
- Altium license monitoring support added.
- JTB Process Monitor updated to handle idling of processes with detection of usage of an application if mouse movement or keyboard usage is detected for the application or if the CPU usage for the application exceeds a specified level.
This way you will get a better picture of how much the applications really are being used as sometimes an application can be running the whole day but only being used an hour or so. If monitoring network licenses both with JTB FlexReport Core and JTB Process Monitor you will now see that they match better, especially if you’re making use of TIMEOUTALL or TIMEOUT on the FlexNet license server.
- JTB Process Monitor can now detect if different AutoCAD verticals are running even though they use the same acad.exe by the added title filter. Thus you get a report on AutoCAD 2016 as well as AutoCAD Architecture 2016 separately.
- Added automatic reading of user and host names from AVEVA’s ALS XML.
- Several improvements and bug fixes related to 12D usage monitoring.
- Added support for showing user group information on the HTML report grouped on servers. User groups are first taken from the FlexNet options file if it’s been specified on the FlexNet tab, otherwise from user groups defined in the Group Administrator.
- Improvements in parsing lmstat result to get correct User and Host for FlexNet based licenses.
- Added support for SLM based licenses to show up in the HTML reports and also log feature usage to the ‘log’ table.
- Added support in HTML reports to use the override of available licenses (that is set in JTB FlexReport Config>Features>MaxLic). Useful for example for SLM based licenses that does not automatically get the number of available licenses per feature.
- Simplified log browsing in JTB FlexReport Config.
- Added index IX_UserDetailedLogTemp on table UserDetailedLogTemp to improve performance while reporting.
- Fixed an issue where multiple reserved groups does not show up in HTML reports.
- Fixed issue with LUM usage not showing in some HTML reports.
- Fixed an issue when logging multiple RLM servers.
- Fixed a problem with RLM parsing of the reportlog where the port number before in some cases where added before the server name when saved to the database.
- Fixes to RLM logging to use override server when needed.
- Compacting of –temp database in the database admin tool, and one try of compacting is also now done before fixing any indexes or other table issues.
- Fixed an issue in the Excel based report that caused the populating of features to not work.
- Fixed issues in the Detailed Report that made them fail to run with large SQL server databases due to timeouts.
- Fixed an issue creating HTML reports using the VBS and INI files.
- lmutil.exe 18.104.22.168 included
- Several other minor bug fixes and improvements have also been done.
- 2014-05-16 - JTB FlexReport 8.0.1
- Fixed some RLM logging issues causing RLM usage to not work.
- Added SQL Server scripts to backup, delete old data and fix database available under the download section above.
- Fixed a problem with settings in JTB FlexReportConfig>Notifications.
- Fixed problem with test buttons in Config that in some cases showed an unexpected error.
- Fixed some issues introduced in 8.0 in the Access frontend Detailed Reports.
- To improve performance of Access frontend Detailed Reports the following index can be created in SQL Server.
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [groupindex]
ON [dbo].[UserDetailedLogTemp] ([DateField])
- Fixed issues in SPLM Service that in some cases stopped logging of data.
- Fixed issue with Ok button in Features and Servers forms. If no change was made the Ok button did nothing, now it closes the form.
- Fixed an issue with tmp files not being deleted when monitoring LUM licenses.
- Fixed an issue when Chart Client Configurator was started from JTB FlexReport Config.
- Fixed issue in Chart client when changing the width of the list boxes.
- Fixed issue in Chart client reports that did not include <Unassigned> when needed.
- Fixed performance issue when changing tabs in Chart client Ribbon.
- Invalid column name issue fixed in Chart client.
- Count issue fixed in Chart client list report.
- Plus some other minor fixes.
- 2014-04-07 - JTB FlexReport 8.0.0
- Added support for monitoring of Reprise License Manager (RLM).
- Added support for monitoring of Venturis.
- Added support for monitoring of Ranorex.
- JTB FlexReport Config has got a large UI update.
- Email PNG reports automatically added to chart client.
- More settings available before a report is created on the Report Settings tab in the chart client. These are also use by the auto report functionality.
- More preset values for date ranges added in the chart client.
- Time frame is being used for Histogram charts now.
- <All> and <Unassigned> added to all list boxes in chart client where applicable to make it easier to make selections.
- Improvements and bug fixes for the auto report functions.
- Filtering added for lists in the chart client. Example: filter all features containing the text Auto.
- It is possible to within the list boxes type on the keyboard to locate a specific item.
- Fixed random error when reading OPT files in the Group Administrator.
- It is recommended to add this index if SQL Server is used:
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IDIndex] ON [dbo].[UserDetailedLogTemp] ([ID])
- Added support for email setting SSL in JTB FlexReport Core making it possible to for example use gmail’s SMPT server.
- Process Monitor Client optionally disable popup balloon or possibly show it less often and only when needed. Available in the client configurator.
- Fixed bug with 3D charts on 64-bit systems.
- Added support for changes in LM-X XML output files.
- Bug fix to solve used license count when there is a mix of nodelocked licenses and floating licenses.
- Shortened time it takes for doing snapshots in JTB FlexReport Core by moving HTML reports, ping of hosts, update of IP and finding denials in FlexNet debug logs to separate threads.
- Include duplicate usage checkbox added to Detailed Reports.
- Fixed a problem with SPLM logging that existed in JTB FlexReport Core.
- Fixed a problem when in some cases denials are not recorded when there are multiple FlexNet debug logs specified.
- Fixed a rare problem to get user and host names correctly when querying a FlexNet license server.
- Updated JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls with fix so it works with Excel 2003.
- Add these indexes to the database to improve startup time for the chart client when SQL Server is used:
These might be needed to be added manually depending on SQL Server access rights.
CREATE INDEX dt ON dbo.log(DateTime)
CREATE INDEX dt ON dbo.tblUserDetailedLog(CheckedOutDate)
CREATE INDEX dt ON dbo.tblUserDetailedLogPrev(CheckedOutDate)
- Added column ProjectID to temp database table UserDetailedLogTemp. Added table SamplingInterval to temp database.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- 2013-08-20 - JTB FlexReport 7.4.3
- Added support for Sentinel Protection Server logs. Available on the SLM tab in JTB FlexReport Config>Properties.
- Issues with the reports using these combinations are fixed: Feature Group-Server–Host Group and Features-Server Group-Host Group.
- Discrepancy report bug fixed where some of the data ended up in wrong column.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports added option to include or not include duplicates (for example with Process Monitor data when a user runs two or more sessions of a program at the same time you might want to not included duplicates). Also available as separate download.
- Added a workaround for a rare bug in lmutil.exe that could cause incorrect usage. This is used when taking FlexNet usage snapshots.
- Fixed a problem with Wildcard processing.
- Fixed an error with SLM parsing: "Error in ProcessSentinel inner".
- Fixed SLM parser to handle logs where the first rows in the log include LM_SERVER as user name, something that can happen if the log is started while there are users having licenses checked out. This could result in reports showing too much usage. If you have this problem you either need to filter out the SLM features in the tables tblUserDetailedLog and tblUserDetailedLogPrev and delete them or if you have MS Access as database, JTB FlexReport Database Administration.exe can be used, select the SLM features, specify a date range that is a bit larger than the existing data and then delete them. Alternatively start with a new database.
- 2013-06-26 - JTB FlexReport 7.4.2
- Fixed an issue with the Get Feature Descriptions in JTB FlexReport Config where it just did not work to get the descriptions. The issue only happened if MS Access database was used.
- Fixed a bug in the Access database table tblAppName that causes feature and description to be padded with up to 255 spaces causing among other things issues with some of the reports. Running JTB FlexReport as normal after upgrading to 7.4.2 on a problematic database will automatically fix the issue.
- 2013-06-10 - JTB FlexReport 7.4.1
- Fixed a parsing bug in JTB FlexReport core that was very rare (when token based features are used and certain other factors existing) and resulting in no saved data in the "log" table.
- Removed the need to also have .NET Framework 3.5 for JTB FlexReport core.
- Fixed a bug where issued line did not show up in some charts.
- Fixed a minor issue in Chart client when Windows text scaling is other than 100%.
- Fixed a problem when editing auto reports in chart client when feature groups are being used.
- 2013-05-12 - JTB FlexReport 7.4
- Added feature description download button to JTB FlexReport Config>Features. Descriptions are taken from this FlexNet features code page.
- Edit functionality for auto report settings.
- Add these combinations to detailed tab in Chart client for continuous report type:
Feature Group - Server - Host Groups
Feature - Server Groups - Host Groups
- Add selection of weekdays to the title of the charts where you can select weekdays.
- Update for all host IPs can now be done multiple times per day.
- New option in SPLM client configurator to determine what user and host data to use.
- In auto report if a chart has no data an image will not be created. But the problem is logged in an error log.
- Added server to LUM license expiry report.
- Improved the look of the legend on the histogram report when there are many licenses.
- Fixed some potential duplicates in denial email notifications.
- Fix so that database is created with case insensitivity.
- Fixed problem with filtering of FlexNet features for HTML reports created using INI files.
- Fixed LM-X test button bug.
- Minor SPLM reader fixes.
- Other minor bug fixes here and there.
- 2012-10-26 - JTB FlexReport 7.3
- Wildcard processing is done in a separate process so it does not interrupt the regular snapshots. It is also only run every 5:th snapshot. After an upgrade installation make sure to configure once using JTB FlexReport Config>Properties>General>Launch Service Configurator.
- When the JTB FlexReport Core service is started the snapshot is taken directly instead of waiting so that the HTML reports can be used to quickly confirm that things are working and so the features and servers are populated as soon as possible.
- Fixed a bug in chart client when using feature groups as well as a bug with the hours charts.
- 2012-10-04 - JTB FlexReport 7.2
- Solved problems with auto reports that did not work with some language settings.
- Solved several bugs in the chart client. For example: Line outside chart when using week interval. Fixed a problem when switching tabs between for example continuous chart and to hours chart the borrowed usage disappears from the hours chart. Fixed some problems when the database is SQL Server in combination with certain report settings.
- Solved a problem with MathLM parsing.
- Added to JTB FlexReport Config>Features: Check All in Current Column and Uncheck All in Current Column to quickly check or uncheck all checkboxes in the current column.
- Added a test button so FlexNet, LM-X, MathLM settings easily can be verified.
- Added filtering using the ini files to create HTML reports on the fly (using VBS or BAT) with only selected features. FlexNet and LUM supported.
- Added support to create HTML reports on the fly using vbs/ini files for LUM license usage.
- 2012-08-27 - JTB FlexReport 7.1
- JTB FlexReport Core, JTB FlexReport Service and Client updated.
- Support for MathLM licensing added.
- Hour Chart report type now supports filtering on weekdays.
- Improved startup time for the Chart Client.
- UI updates in JTB FlexReport Config>Properties.
- Optionally include reserved info in HTML reports. FlexNet only.
- Fixed issues reading Licman and FlexNet debug logs.
- Fixed performance issues in different areas.
- Fixed a lot of bugs and glitches in different areas.
- 2012-04-16 - JTB FlexReport 7.0
- Automatic reports added to chart client making it possible to create PNG charts on schedule.
- Support for Vertex Systems licensing added.
- Improved functionality and performance for Group Administrator.
- Added resize splitter for the Ribbon to make it possible to view more items in the lists in Chart Client and Group Administrator.
- Added support for T-Systems license manager product LICMAN 2.0.
- Fixes several issues in the chart client.
- MS Access table definition for tblDeniedUserLog updated to only allow unique rows.
- ConvertAccessToSql.exe supporting the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider so it can work on 64-bit systems.
- Fixed Detailed Report bugs.
- Fixes issues with SPLM service and client.
- Fixed Group Administrator issues.
- Fix for LUM solving duplicate usage for users using different versions of one product at the same time as well as multiple users using multiple sessions with different start times of the same product and version.
- Improved parsing of LUM I4LS.INI files that has errors in them.
- Solved problem with denial notifications.
- Fixed 12D issue with orphaned log files.
- Fixed rare issue reading FlexNet debug logs.
- Fixed a problem reading Sentinel log files.
- Fixed issues with Licman new format.
- Fixed occasional deletion of Licman log file.
- Fixed HTML4-report problem to show correct name on multiple different servers per feature on a user row.
- 2011-10-03 - JTB FlexReport 6.3.2
- Fixed some problems to create chart reports on the Detailed tab.
- Fixed some issues introduced in 6.3 for the HTML reports happening in some situations resulting in duplicate servers showing.
- Fixed issue with reading certain OPT files in Group Administrator.
- Improved silent installation procedure for Process Monitor Client using jtbprocessmonitorClientConfigured.reg.
- Fixed problem with ' character in project names in Process Monitor Service.
- Improved reliability in timing of showing the Project selection dialog box for Process Monitor Client.
- Fixed Excel chart report to retain custom paths to the database.
- 2011-08-22 - JTB FlexReport 6.3.1
- Chart Service and Client updated. Fixed a problem with chart drilldown when using SQL Server database.
- Fixed several issues with client chart reports created using the Detailed or Hour tab.
- Fixed a crash in Detailed Report that can happen on 32bit systems.
- For users with JTB FlexReport Core 6.3 installed JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports 6_3_1.zip can be downloaded separately.
- 2011-08-08 - JTB FlexReport 6.3
- Support for Licman licensing system.
- Server description used in HTML report. Actual server name as tooltip.
- Feature code in HTML report seen as tooltip if description is used.
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls updated to support Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (64-bit).
- Updated detailed reports with some project reports for Process Monitor usage.
- Notification supported for LM-X.
- Fixed a problem to log IP to SQL Server.
- Fixed a bug with logging of Sentinel data.
- Fixed some parsing issues where lmstat contain nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address.
- Several bug fixes across all programs.
- 2011-06-12 - JTB FlexReport 6.2.2
- Database configurations are persisted when reinstalling this version or upgrading to future versions from now and on.
- Solved a problem where JTB FlexReport Config could hang indefinitely.
- Solved a problem with JTB FlexReport Core on Windows Server 2003 where the wildcard functionality to create groups does not work.
- Solved some problem connecting and saving data to SQL Server.
- Fixed port finding in client configurator when chart client and service is on same machine.
- JTBFlexReportAdvancedSettings_6_2_2_hotfix.zip includes updated .reg files. Only needed if you manually use the .reg files in the Advanced settings subfolder.
- 2011-06-07 - JTB FlexReport 6.2.1
- JTB FlexReport Core has a problem in 6.2 with .NET Framework 4.0 required. Changed to 3.5 instead.
- Chart client updated to fix date format on x axis for continuous charts with 1 or 2 days of data.
- Option to migrate registry settings for JTB FlexReport Config>Properties when upgrading from versions earlier than 6.2.
- JTBFlexReportMergeDBs.zip updated to handle table tblProjects.
- JTBFlexReport.log and JTBFlexReportDebug.log are deleted when larger than 100MB.
- 2011-05-16 - JTB FlexReport 6.2
- SLM/Sentinel and LM-X (from X-Formation) support added.
- Process Monitor support of projects. Adds the new table tblProjects.
- Sampling service checks the size of the temp MDB database.
- Made the denied users and denied points different to make it easier to see when they have the same value.
- Drilldown of denials added.
- Added support for finding IPv4 and IPv6 for hosts making it possible to create group based on IP patterns.
- Group administrator improved with wildcards support and IP support.
- Made it possible to export from a histogram chart.
- To migrate settings in JTB FlexReport Config>Properties from an earlier version the following registry key can be renamed from:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \JTB World\JTB FlexReport
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \JTB World\JTB FlexReport Core
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JTB World\JTB FlexReport
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JTB World\JTB FlexReport Core
- SQL Server DB changes: Added MaxLic to tblHostGroups. Added IDENTITY(1,1) to HostGroupId in tblHostGroups. Added IDENTITY(1,1) to GroupId in tblGroups.
- MS Access and SQL Server DB change: Added DisplayAsUser to tblAppName. Added ProjectID to tblUserDetailedLogPrev and tblUserDetailedLog.
- MS Access and SQL Server DB change: added HostIPv4 and HostIPv6 to table tblHostDetails.
- Core JTB FlexReport has now full functionality even with .Net Framework 2.0.
- Users and hosts are added automatically to respective table.
- SPLM client and service bugs fixed.
- Unique users chart issue fixed.
- Chart client Index out of range bug fixed.
- Bug fixed where in some circumstances not all servers show up on HTML reports.
- Access based Detailed report issues fixed.
- Issues license line in some charts did not show correctly and is now fixed.
- Bug fixes when SQL Server is set up to use any non-English date format.
- Histogram chart issues fixed.
- Borrowed usage not showing in continuous charts fixed.
- Denials not showing in some cases fixed.
- Duplicate of denials bug fixed.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when printing the chart through PDFCreator or other virtual printers. Requires the chart version for .NET Framework 4.0.
- Stacked line chart problem with multiple features fixed.
- Last 7 days report having memory issues fixed.
- Group administrator bugs fixed.
- Chart Axis control UI problem fixed.
- Removed scrolling of the Ribbon in Chart client to avoid problem with other controls.
- Several other minor bug fixes and changes.
- Many different bug fixes making this a recommended update.
- 2010-10-03 - JTB FlexReport 6.1.2
- Bug fixes to solve problems with the Chart Client/Service connection.
- Bug fixes to open JTB FlexReport Config>Features/Servers.
- Chart Service is now needed for the Detailed Reports.
- Updated installers are:
JTBFlexReportSetup_6_1_2.zip, JTBFlexReportChartClient_6_1_1.zip, JTBFlexReportChartService_6_1_1.zip
- 2010-09-27 - JTB FlexReport 6.1.1
- Core JTB FlexReport (JTBFlexReportSetup.zip) needs to be updated if 6.1 was installed as it fixes a problem that made main functionality not working.
- 2010-09-24 - JTB FlexReport 6.1
- Group Administrator.exe is a new application included to administrate groups for features, servers, users and hosts.
- Groups can support wildcards to determine for example what users to include in a specific group. Database structure additions.
- Detailed Reports have improved performance up to 6 time quicker to load and process data.
- HTML4 that is grouped on feature instead of server. Use reg file to activate it.
- Added usage of HTMLSimple Activate 32-bit.reg based on a wish for a report with less details for the users.
- Fixed problems with HTML sorting.
- Allow descriptions with more than 28 characters in JTB FlexReport Config>Features.
- Updated Database Service Configurator so it shows correct SQL Server settings after reopening.
- Database administrator remember database location.
- Removed the need to use BAT or CMD registry hacks.
- A lot of bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Strongly recommended upgrade if you have 6.0 due to bugs fixed.
- 2010-05-31 - JTB FlexReport 6.0
- SQL Server/SQL Server Express support.
- Better performance for chart reports.
- New chart reports and other changes to the chart client.
- Drilldown on chart reports.
- Copy chart to clipboard.
- Hour chart improvements and hour filters.
- Process Monitor improvements.
- Database structure changes.
- Bug fixes
- 2009-10-05 - JTB FlexReport 5.1.2
- SPLM (SmartPlant License Manager) support added. Installers available upon request. Individual version for SPLM is 1.0.1.
- 2009-10-01 - JTB FlexReport 5.1.1
- JTBProcessServiceSetup.zip is updated to version 1.0.2 to fix some issues that made reports failing as well as a problem on 64-bit systems. Only this installer is updated. Uninstall previous version first.
- 2009-09-10 - JTB FlexReport 5.1.0
- This adds only the 1.0 version of the new feature JTB Process Monitor making usage reports on most any application possible. Existing customers that wants this feature can request a quote for the upgrade.
- Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 is only needed if you want the new functionality.
- There is a HTML report for LUM license expiry that can be activated. Contact us for details. LUMExpiryHTML Activate 32-bit.reg or LUMExpiryHTML Activate 64-bit.reg is needed.
- 2009-06-01 - JTB FlexReport 5.0.0
- New client/service solution for chart generation that will phase out Excel as tool for generating charts.
- HTML reports have been improved on and the aggregated usage now shows utilization as well.
- Added fixed number of decimals to most detailed reports where needed and right justified some columns.
- The from and to date filters are taken into account for the denial reports.
- User, Host and server reports for borrowed licenses added.
- "HTMLBW Activate.reg" can be used to make the HTML2 report in black and white and "HTMLBW Deactivate.reg" can be used to restore to the default colors being used.
- "HTMLAggregateAtTop Activate.reg" can be used to put the aggregated usage of the features at the top and "HTMLAggregateAtTop Deactivate.reg" can be used to put it back at the bottom as it is by default.
- Tools to merge databases are included.
- "BATusage Activate.reg" can be used if for some reason CMD files are not allowed to be executed. "BATusage Deactivate.reg" restores to default setting using CMD files.
- Fixed a problem that can arise when reading the FlexNet debug log to record denials.
- Updated demoHTML to fix issues with creation of HTML files via VBScript.
- Updated JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports to solve some problems when importing groups from OPT files. Now users and hosts enclosed within quotes are supported.
- 2009-01-29 - JTB FlexReport 4.4.0
- Added sort after Feature or Feature Description if available in the HTML2 aggregated usage report.
- Workaround added to solve problem with duplicates of licenses in the reports due to multiple vendor daemons sharing the same port.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb updated to include a text label showing when the last reload of data was.
- Minor database addition to tblUserDetailedLogPrev that has a new field named LicenseSystem that can be FlexNet, LUM or something else. This is for internal purpose mainly.
- Fixed some IBM LUM cluster related bugs.
- Added support for a very detailed log table “tblUserCompleteDetailedLog” that of course also makes the database grow quickly the more users you have using features. For each snapshot all detailed user information is saved.
A registry file is needed to activate this feature and is available upon request.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- 2008-11-02 - JTB FlexReport 4.3.3
- If you have installed 4.3.* you should install this version because of bug fixes it includes.
- Corrects problem with borrowed licenses not always being saved to the databases as being borrowed.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports version is 3.6.1 and corrects a minor issue with user and host groups not showing all users in "Users not in User and Groups table" and not all hosts in "Hosts not in Host and Host Groups table".
- 2008-10-25 - JTB FlexReport 4.3.2
- Fixed some bugs that some users found in previous 4.3.* versions where the detailed data was not completely saved to the database in some cases.
- A limited version that still works on .NET Framework 2.0 is available.
- Improved the detailed reports "Groups>Min Max Avg per day" and "Groups>Min Max Avg per Interval" report with an option to remove doubles. If you know that you have features that can be checked out multiple times concurrently you should select No. Otherwise Yes will give the best result.
- Added support for LUM Clusters.
- Added support to select if LUM features should include the version or not.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports version is 3.6.0.
- tblUserDetailedLogPrev is a new table in JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb that acts like a cache to speed up the performance to save to the database and keep it from bloating in size. The table is automatically added to any existing database as soon as JTB FlexReport Config.exe is run or the service is started. tblUserDetailedLogPrev needs to be unioned with tblUserDetailedLog for customers that have made their own custom reports. For an example UnionUserDetailedLog is doing this in JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports 3.6.0.mdb
- 2008-10-07 - JTB FlexReport 4.3.1
- .NET Framework 3.5 or later required.
- Fixed some minor problems with 4.3.0.
- Just starting JTB FlexReport Config now upgrades your existing database correctly by adding the required fields.
- 2008-10-06 - JTB FlexReport 4.3.0
- .NET Framework 3.5 or later required.
- Optional notification if database grows above specified size.
- New optimization is done in how to save data to the database making each snapshot goes much quicker than before and not be affected if the database is large. This should make the NoTest setting superfluous.
- Optional email notifications for denials or if a specified number of licenses is exceeded.
- Optional email notifications if specified server(s) can be pinged.
- Pinged host reports - This report is useful to find out if users that have borrowed licenses still are online in the network. They can then if there is lack of licenses available be asked to return their borrowed license earlier.
- Run the service application with low priority as option
- Some database additions. The database is automatically updated.
- Correct redundant server name bug.
- Minor fix to the HTML report to avoid script warning in Internet Explorer when running locally.
- A special fix on customer request to solve a problem with rational and ibmratl vendor daemons. This is an unusual case and is activated by a registry key change upon request if you find the reports showing usage that is twice as high as it should be or users listed two times in the HTML reports.
- Some other minor bug fixes.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb version is 3.5.0
- 2008-08-27 - JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb version is 3.4.16
- Fixes date sort problems.
- 2008-06-25 - JTB FlexReport 4.2.0
- Support for IBM LUM license usage reporting.
- Fixes date problems with some locale formats that have the month and day on different locations. Like 23/5/2008 and 5/23/2008.
- Update to improve reporting on Matlab license usage.
- Updates to the graphic reports so they work better with Excel 2007.
- Some other miscellaneous updates and bug fixes.
- 2008-04-27 - JTB FlexReport 4.1.2
- If you have a 4.1.* version installed you should upgrade as soon as possible as there are several regression problems fixed.
- Some usage in some cases in previous 4.1.* versions were not logged and is now fixed.
- If a snapshot takes longer time than the specified interval you will be notified by email if you have set up the notification settings.
- The debug and error log can be saved to a custom folder.
- User and Computer groups functionality was broken in previous version and is fixed.
- The installation add file versions to the name of JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb and JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls so you can be sure to get the new version.
- There are three reports for denied usage added to JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb.
- JTB FlexReport Config>Properties>Advanced has a new setting: NoTest that can affect performance and database size.
- Denied notifications works better.
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls now works with Excel 2000 again.
- 2008-03-19 - JTB FlexReport 4.1.1
- A fix of a problem with reading the license file. If you have this problem in a previous version you will not be able to use the program so you know if you are affected.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb version is 3.4.14 fixes an issue with users having names including the quote ' character. Users with this problem with this problem will have most reports not working at all.
Make sure to rename or delete JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb before installing or download it separately.
- If you have 4.1 and don't see the above issues there is no need to upgrade.
- 2008-03-09 - JTB FlexReport 4.1.0
- Performance improvements with up to 3 times less strain on the server and each snapshot is quicker than before.
- Uncounted, node-locked license usage is saved to the log table so graphs can be generated on them.
- Nodelocked licenses locked to different IDs or increment lines can now be reported separately. Matlab has this for example.
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition and Windows Server 2008 are supported.
- Developed with Visual Studio 2008.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb version is 3.4.13 now includes Concurrent usage reports with user name groups Max Min Avg per day or per specified interval between 1 minute and 60 minutes.
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls version is 2.6.1 and works better with Excel 2007.
- Some bug fixes like groups in the Access report were still for some not saved correctly between sessions.
- It probably is needed to uninstall the old version before installing this one. To be sure the latest version of the reports are installed rename or delete JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb and JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls.
- 2007-11-26 - JTB FlexReport 4.0.0
- Support for applications like 12d Model from 12D Solutions from Australia.
- FlexNet license denial notifications. See the tab FlexNet debug log in JTB FlexReport Config>Properties.
- User names with the ' character are now supported.
- Existing customers needs a new license file. The license file should be located in the installation folder.
- Groups defined in the detailed report are now correctly saved to the JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb again. For help to migrate the groups contact us.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb version is 3.4.10. Download here if you are upgrading your installation or you can rename JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb before installing.
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls version is 2.6.0
- Automatic finding of FlexNet license servers with the Find button on the FlexNet tab in JTB FlexReport Config>Properties.
- Several other bug fixes.
- 2007-10-11 - JTB FlexReport 3.4.3
- The installation package is not updated.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb (file ver. 3.4.9) updated with reports that includes User, Host and Server. Host Group Report per year added. Max Min Avg Concurrent Usage reports should work in older versions of Access now.
- Version that does not require Access is available. It uses Access Runtime 2007.
- 2007-07-18 - JTB FlexReport 3.4.2
- JTB FlexReport Config.exe updated to support other ways to configure SMTP.
- JTBFlexReport.exe updated to solve a bug that was introduced in 3.4.0 that can make borrowed licenses not to be logged for the detailed reports.
- Spaces in display names are better handled in some specific cases.
A less normal display name could look like this: Z>IIZ]G k0,p-s
- 2007-07-07 - JTB FlexReport 3.4.1
- JTB FlexReport Config.exe updated to solve a regression problem when run on Windows Server 2003 as well as a minor bug if you change the database and then try to edit the application list without closing the program in between.
- 2007-07-03 - JTB FlexReport 3.4.0
- Logging to tblUserDetailedLog is now optimized further so the size increase of the database is minimized.
- A new column is added to tblUserDetailedLog to take into account for multiple license checkouts that are common for features that are using tokens.
- JTB FlexReport Config>Properties>Notifications. Select an minimum interval how often you will be notified per email. If the server is not reachable using PING an urgent email can also be sent with a separate interval.
- JTB FlexReport Config>Applications is used to set the thresholds for email notifications.
- Two new columns in tblAppName. EmailNotificationPercentageLevel. Use this column to set a threshold in percentage. For example if you want to be notified when more than 90% of the licenses are used. EmailNotificationLicensesLeft. Use this column to set a threshold in licenses left available. For example if you want to be notified when 2 or less licenses are available.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb updated to work with token based licenses as well as some new reports.
- Report for Concurrent Usage Per Day or Month with Max usage, Min usage, Avg usage and Standard deviation.
- 2007-06-08 - JTB FlexReport 3.3.3
- Fixed some small regression bugs in 3.3.0 and 3.3.1.
- 2007-06-07 - JTB FlexReport 3.3.1
- JTB FlexReport Database Administration updated to solve a bug.
- 2007-06-07 - JTB FlexReport 3.3.0
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb updated. Some bugs fixed. Settings, filters are retained between sessions as well as after future upgrades. Performance increase. Time is showed as both decimal as well as hours and minutes. Compare 5.50 with 5:30 for example. You can see between what dates you have data available. Crashes in some cases in older versions of Access have been fixed.
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls updated. A fuzz factor is added to not show gaps if there are temporary dips in the line for the number of licenses. You can see between what dates you have data available.
- JTB FlexReport Database Administration is a new application that let you compact, move and delete data from the main database.
- If you have created your own reports based on the tables Log or tblUserDetailedLog in JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb notice that the Compact in JTB FlexReport Database Administration will delete the obsolete table tblUserLog.
- A bug is fixed that in some rare cases made the logging of detailed data to stop working.
- 2007-05-16 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.10
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb includes a new report for Max Min Avg Concurrent Usage Per Day. It even respects the filters a "second time". That means when you reload the data the filters are used and if you then want to filter further on that data you can do so (only showing less information though), just reopen the report or press Shift+F9.
- 2007-05-11 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.9
- Some minor documentation updates.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb is updated so that the information for the groups and host groups are saved in JTBFlexReport.NET.mdb. This way there is no need to transfer that data when JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb is updated.
- 2007-05-09 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.8
- JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls can automatically have the data refreshed when opened using the Auto refresh option set to -1.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb has fixed an issue with the end date not being included on the reports.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb reports includes a column for user and host groups.
- 2007-04-26 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.7
- Some minor bug fixes for problems that some customers found in 3.2.6.
- 2007-04-22 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.6
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb updated to support international date formats.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb includes reports per server for borrowed licenses.
- A new type of HTML report is available. See Sample 2.
- More and better support for Windows Vista and the UAC.
- 2007-02-06 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.5
- OPT files import is supporting extended rows as well as both GROUPS and HOST_GROUPS.
- JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb with reports for usage grouped on Host Groups.
- 2007-01-18 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.4
- Minor bug fixed that can affect some customers due to the syntax of the lmutil status file.
- 2006-12-24 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.3
- JTBFlexReportDetailed3.mdb renamed to JTB FlexReport Detailed Reports.mdb and updated with some new reports as well as easy access to compact the main database.
- support for timeout and retry of snapshots to solve if the license server temporary cannot be reached
- JTB FlexReport Config>Properties updated
- JTBFlexReport.NET.xls renamed to JTB FlexReport Graphic Reports.xls
- 2006-12-20 - JTB FlexReport 3.2.0
- JTBFlexReportDetailed3.mdb updated. Filter on weekday, time and date interval added.
- JTBFlexReport.NET.xls updated to handle other intervals than 10 minutes. This must match the settings in JTB FlexReport Config.
- 2006-10-12 - JTB FlexReport 3.1.8
- Minor fix
- 2006-10-01 - JTB FlexReport 3.1.5
- There is not a 64 bit version of 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'. Forced the application to use 32 bit and target cpu to x86. Fixes the error message: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
- 2006-09-30 - JTB FlexReport 3.1.4
- Support for more types of FLEXlm/FlexNet type of status logs.
- Bug fixes.
- Recommended upgrade for all users.
- 2006-08-17 - JTB FlexReport 3.0.5
- Stabilized some processes that in rare cases could halt the program if the debug log is activated.
- Added 90-days detailed reports.
- JTBFlexReportDetailed3.mdb updated.
- 2006-08-08 - JTB FlexReport 3.0
- Now based on .Net Framework 2.0.
- Minor additions and updates.
- 2006-05-25 - JTB FlexReport 2.3
- Support for groups defined in the FlexNet/FLEXlm options files (OPT).
- JTBFlexReportDetailed3.mdb has several detailed reports.
- Reserved license groups or hosts are reported correctly. Users using reservations should upgrade.
- 2006-03-27 - JTB FlexReport 2.2
- More granular and better detailed reports
- 2005-05-14 - JTB FlexReport 2.1
- The time on the file name on the HTML backup files is more correct now. It was off 10 minutes before.
- Some special cases of the FlexNet/FLEXlm status file syntax that generated an error are fixed upon users notification.
- Spaces in the user name are now handled correctly.
- There is a undocumented registry fix so the temporary files can be saved in another folder than %temp%. Contact us if needed.
- There is a separate Access database (JTBFlexReportDetailed.NET.mdb) that helps you with detailed reports on user usage.
- Some issues with grouping of users in the graphic report have been addressed.
- 2005-04-11 - JTB FlexReport 2.0
- Built using .Net Framework 1.1.
- Advanced grouping of features, users or servers.
- Separate usage per server.
- Detailed user usage logging.
- Borrow usage is logged.
- Ability to run as a service.
- 2004-08-01 - JTB FlexReport 1.4
- Minor improvements and bugfixes related to different date formats.
- Some improvements on the Excel reports to make it easier to navigate between the sheets.
- 2004-07-17 - JTB FlexReport 1.3
- The logs are saved in an Access Database instead of CSV to improve the reporting functionality.
- Improved reports with better flexibility.
- 2003-12-28 - JTB FlexReport 1.2
- Launched at the internet.
- 2003-11-10 - JTB FlexReport 1.1
- Report tool added
- 2003-08-20 - JTB FlexReport 1
- CSV reporting added
- 2002-03-10 - JTB FlexReport Beta
- HTML reporting
“With JTB monitoring and distributed licensing, we were actually able to cut 80 licenses off subscription on our last Autodesk renewal. It’s been a great success for us – thank you!” - Dan Glassman, AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
"I am very happy with LUM support. It is very good tool. I would recommend to anyone to use this tool." - Jorma at Metso
“JTB FlexReport is dynamite. Expect tech support very quickly. Fantastic graphing and reporting tool for license usage. I liked it so much I personally paid the annual fee so I can keep using it here. And no, I am not a paid spokesman, it’s just that good……….” – Phil Endrizzi, CADD Coordinator
"JTB FlexReport is a must have utility for anyone with more than a handful of licenses if they truly want to understand where they stand with their software license inventory and usage. In addition to license inventory and usage, JTB Flex Report allows us to troubleshoot issues with our license server that would otherwise have likely went unnoticed."
"Your product has been invaluable to me and to the business."
"Since I have been using your JTB FlexReport software it has made my job easier for report generation of license utilization for our various applications. All in all it is a fantastic software product and it is reasonable priced." - David J. Maslowski, Hach
Some JTB FlexReport customers:
Tags: network license usage tracking, usage tracker, license tracker, license tracking, Software License Optimization, AutoCAD network license usage, AutoCAD license usage report, Managing Autodesk network licenses, network license-usage report for Autodesk software that uses FLEXlm licensing technology, Autodesk audit, License Compliance, how to ensure future compliance, The Business Software Alliance (the BSA). AdLM monitoring. AdLM or NLM is often used as short for Autodesk Network License Manager.
Autodesk License Types: Named user, Stand-alone, multi-seat version, Network. License Behaviors: Perpetual (non-time-limited), Term Extendable (limited time) and Term Non-Extendable. Autodesk Subscription.