- This plug-in allows you to specify a block that will change its display when plotted to indicate whether the drawing had a valid digital signature at the time of plotting.
- The DigSigStamp plugin helps you identify visually when drawings have valid digital signatures. You use one of the plugin's commands to specify blocks to display when a drawing has a valid digital signature and when it does not. You then assign a particular block reference - which usually exists in the title block of your drawing - that will change its display to one of these two block definitions depending on the state of the drawing. The application even works when plotting, an operation that typically invalidates a drawing's digital signature.
- Available as AutoCAD App (Plug-in).
The following are just examples of how the blocks can look like. The design of them is completely up to you. Digitally Signed example. This drawing has a valid digital certificate.
Invalid. This drawing does not have a valid digital certificate.
Unverified example. Digital signature verification application is not enabled.
DigSigStamp can be further customized by JTB World to fit your specific needs and requirements.
DigSigStamp trial can be downloaded and installed as an app from the Autodesk Exchange Apps site. Purchase is also available through this site.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk Exchange Apps the download is available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Jump to the documentation section.
Compatible with AutoCAD 2012 up to AutoCAD 2016. All flavors based on AutoCAD should be working like AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS), AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D.
Compatible with those operating systems AutoCAD runs on like Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Older Windows versions might also work but are not directly supported.
Purchase can be done on the Autodesk Exchange Apps site or by contacting us.
Price is 2 USD for 1 license.
The license is perpetual and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough. Special discount can be given for multiple licenses.
Available payment methods: Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Bankgiro, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney and Alipay (PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) Refund policy.
Installation of the AutoCAD plug-in
Run the installer downloaded from Autodesk Exchange. You may need to restart AutoCAD to activate the plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 ) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Installation folder: %appdata%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\JTBWorld-DigSigStamp.bundle
The drawing you intend to use with this feature must contain three blocks - a block to be displayed when the drawing has a valid digital signature; a block to be displayed when the drawing has been modified or has an invalid or no signature; another block (that has been inserted into the drawing) that will be overridden to display the graphics from the other two blocks. The first two blocks should not have been inserted into the drawing for any other use (any existing inserts will be erased after using JTBWDSDEFSIGBLOCKS).
To select blocks one and two (the 'good' and 'bad' blocks), invoke the JTBWDSDEFSIGBLOCKS command and type in the names of your 'good' and 'bad' blocks when prompted.
The application will display information from the digital signature in the attributes you define in the 'good' block. The names to use are:
Attributes in the 'bad' block are not displayed.
To select the block insert (block reference) to display the signature information, invoke the JTBWDSSETSIG command and select that block insert.
You're now ready to use your digital signature stamp.
To digitally sign a drawing, you will need a digital signature. If you don't have one, you can procure one from (for example) docusign.com. Invoke the SECURITYOPTIONS command in AutoCAD 2015 and older or the DIGITALSIGN command in AutoCAD 2016 to add your digital signature when it is saved.
Now when you plot your drawing, the digital signature plot stamp will display the current signature state of the drawing.
Addin usage is demonstrated in the short screencast included in the "Demo" folder. The sample DWG used in the demo is also contained in that location.
While this implementation includes some measures to prevent the digital signature plotstamp being faked (e.g. by using anonymous blocks and hidden layers), it is not completely tamper-proof. For example, someone familiar with the concept of anonymous blocks could programmatically rename and use the signature blocks to simulate a valid plotstamp. Therefore, this application should not be considered an alternative to a comprehensive document management and control system.
1. Displaying the plot dialog flags the drawing as modified. This is normal AutoCAD behavior (try displaying the plot dialog, closing it, and then closing the drawing and you'll see AutoCAD ask you to save changes). This plug-in accounts for this during plotting, but does not remove the 'modified' flag.
2. For performance reasons, the digital signature stamp is not automatically updated every time the drawing changes. Therefore, the stamp shown while editing a drawing may be incorrect. Regen the drawing to update the stamp. (The stamp will display the correct graphics during plotting).
3. DigSigStamp has not been designed to work with the following:
- Signature blocks inside nested blocks
- Signature blocks in external references
2015-03-20 - version 1.3
2014-03-28 - version 1.2 update
2013-10-25 - version 1.2
First release by JTB World.
Added support to AutoCAD 2014 (No change in version number)
Updated to support AutoCAD 2013 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format
Added VS 2010 project required for AutoCAD 2013
Updated to support AutoCAD 2012 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format.
Updated help to HTML file and to reflect new load mechanism.
Original release published as an ADN Plugin of the Month by Autodesk
The license agreement is found here