- TimberTool is an add-on to AutoCAD Architecture (ACA) or ADT based products.
- TimberTool makes it easy to convert closed polylines into mass elements and makes the bounding box width and depth correct for scheduling purposes.
- The product was initially created for usage with timber but works with lumber, structural steel or concrete shapes.
- Style, layer, extrusion depth (or thickness) can be specified.
- Property sets can be attached automatically if they apply to mass elements.
- You can manually specify the alignment axis so that rotated polylines are converted correctly.
- You can specify if you want to retain the polylines or not after conversion.
- See this short video on how it can be used.
For customer downloads please contact us.
When not registered TimberTool works as a free trial that is fully functional except that you can only convert three polylines per AutoCAD session. When purchased it can be used without restrictions.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk Exchange Apps the download is available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Jump to the documentation section.
Compatible with ADT 2007, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, AutoCAD Architecture 2009, AutoCAD Architecture 2010, AutoCAD Architecture 2011, AutoCAD Architecture 2012, AutoCAD Architecture 2013, AutoCAD Architecture 2014, AutoCAD Architecture 2015, AutoCAD Architecture 2016. All flavors based on them should be working like AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS).
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
30 USD for one license or less depending on the amount of licenses.
When your purchase is completed you will get an email with a link to the download.
Or purchase from the Autodesk Exchange Apps site.
If you have really many users that you want to give access to this software we can discuss a discounted price based on your particular situation. Educational discounts available.
The license is perpetual and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough.
Available payment methods: Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Bankgiro, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney and Alipay (PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) Refund policy.
Download the software.
Installation of the AutoCAD plug-in
This option is available for AutoCAD Architecture/MEP 2013 or newer. This can be done both while AutoCAD is running or not running.
Enter the below path in Windows Explorer address field and press enter.
Extract TimberTool.bundle.zip in the ApplicationPlugins folder so that a folder named TimberTool.bundle is created with all needed files.
It can look like this where jtb is an example of the user name.
PackageContents.xml should be found in the TimberTool.bundle folder.
To uninstall, delete the TimberTool.bundle folder.
Jump to the usage section.
Another Installation Option
Extract the files in the zip file and run setup.exe. Default installation location is C:\Program Files\JTB World\TimberTool.
Or download the files without installer and place the files manually in a folder of your choice. The reg files might need to have their paths corrected.
Notice though that you should have it on your local PC or special .NET security settings needs to be done. An error message indicating this can be something like: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. With .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 it is possible to have the program on a network.
TimberTool.dll needs to be loaded by your AutoCAD application and that can be done in different ways. Use one of the following options.
- Use the command NETLOAD and select TimberTool.dll. This loads the command in the current session only.
- Create a menu command, toolbar button or palette tool using CUI and force load it before running the command.
Macro or Command string:
^c^c(command "netload" "C:/Program Files/JTB World/TimberTool/TimberTool.dll") TimberTool;
- Use one of the AutoLoad...reg files. Double click on the file and accept to merge to the registry. This will make sure that the command DimNotes is available whenever you run your CAD application. Make sure the path to the program is correct.
- Add the row below to your acad.lsp file so it loads automatically when AutoCAD starts.
(command "netload" "C:/Program Files/JTB World/TimberTool/TimberTool.dll")
For the manual installation TimberTool.bmp can be used as menu command image or toolbar button image and TimberTool.png can be used as palette tool image.
When installed as an AutoCAD app start TimberTool from the Plug-ins tab or use the command TIMBERTOOL.
To register the software when you have purchased click on the Register button that is available when running the command TimberTool. Enter the register key you have got emailed in the text box.
Timber Creation Tool Dialog Box
Make selection of the settings as needed.
Select the style for the mass element.
Select layer or inherit the layer of the polyline.
Specify the extrusion depth.
Add property set automatically will add any property set that applies to mass element objects.
For angled timber it can be useful to select prompt for alignment axis 2 points.
If the polyline should be deleted select erase 2D geometry.
Click on Select Polylines and select one or multiple polylines.
The license agreement is found here
Some TimberTool reference customers
Contact us for any questions, wishes or comments.