- This plug-in highlights dimensions in a drawing for which the user has customized or edited the dimension text and helps to ensure the quality of the drawings.
- Once loaded, the DIMPATROL command can be used to turn on (and off) the highlighting of potentially problematic dimensions: dimensions whose text has been overridden and therefore may not match the actual dimension.
- To change the color used to highlight the dimension, use the DIMPATROLCOLOR command or for command line usage -DIMPATROLCOLOR. To change the transparency used, use the DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY command.
- In trial mode there is a limited number of highlights per AutoCAD session.
- Works with Associative dimensions and Nonassociative dimensions where the text has been edited with for example DDEDIT or DIMEDIT or using Text override in Properties. Exploded dimensions are not supported.
- Works with all kind of dimension objects like linear dimension (horizontal and vertical rotated dimension), aligned linear dimension, angular dimension (3 point angular dimension), arc length dimension, radius dimension (radial dimension), diameter dimension (diametric dimension), jogged dimension and ordinate dimension.
- Available as AutoCAD App (Plug-in).
Manually overridden dimension are highlighted in red by the DimensionPatrol plugin.
Transparency set to 70%.
Avoid costly mistakes by patrolling, verifying, checking your dimensions with this quality assurance dimension app and make sure dimension text is not manually changed when it should be automatic.
Tags for search: check, verify, patrol, test, QA.
DimensionPatrol can be downloaded and installed as an app from the Autodesk Exchange Apps site. Purchase is also available through this site.
Trial: In trial mode DimensionPatrol works only on a limited number of dimensions per drawing. When purchased it can be used without restrictions. Download trial from Autodesk Exchange.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk Exchange Apps the download is available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Jump to the documentation section.
Compatible with AutoCAD 2012 up to AutoCAD 2016. All flavors based on AutoCAD should be working like AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS), AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D.
Compatible with those operating systems AutoCAD runs on like Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Older Windows versions might also work but are not directly supported.
Purchase can be done on the Autodesk Exchange Apps site or by contacting us.
Price is 2 USD for 1 license.
The license is perpetual and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough. Special discount can be given for multiple licenses.
Available payment methods: Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Bankgiro, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney and Alipay (PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) Refund policy.
Installation of the AutoCAD plug-in
Run the installer downloaded from Autodesk Exchange. You may need to restart AutoCAD to activate the plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 ) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Once loaded, the DIMPATROL command can be used to turn on (and off) the highlighting of potentially problematic dimensions: dimensions whose text has been overridden and therefore may not match the actual dimension.
To change the color used to highlight the dimension, use the DIMPATROLCOLOR command or for command line usage -DIMPATROLCOLOR.
To change the transparency used, use the DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY command.
2015-03-20 - version 1.3
2014-04-02 - version 1.2 update
2013-08-03 - version 1.2
DIMPATROLCOLOR now shows a dialog box to allow color selection as well as the limitation of color 1-7 is removed. -DIMPATROLCOLOR is added for command line usage. DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY is a new command added. Settings are remembered between AutoCAD sessions. Trial and Purchase versions created. First release by JTB World.
Added support to AutoCAD 2014 (No change in version number)
Updated to support AutoCAD 2013 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format
Added VS 2010 project required for AutoCAD 2013
Updated to support AutoCAD 2012 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format. Updated help to HTML file and to reflect new load mechanism.
Update to not highlight dimension's with text containing "<>"
Original release as ADN Plugin of the Month.
The license agreement is found here