- This app can be used to translate the contents of tooltips in various Autodesk products automatically into one of 43+ languages via Microsoft's Bing online translation service. The translated text is stored in a local cache of XML files, which can also be edited and used by the app.
- Language supported are the languages Bing Translator supports and as of July 2013 they are: Arabic (العربية), Bulgarian (Български), Catalan (Català), Chinese Simplified (简体中文), Chinese Traditional (繁體中文), Czech (Čeština), Danish (dansk), Dutch (Nederlands), English, Estonian (Eesti), Finnish (suomi), French (Français), German (Deutsch), Greek (Ελληνικά), Haitian Creole (Kreyòl Ayisyen), Hebrew (עברית), Hindi (हिंदी), Hmong Daw (Hmoob Daw), Hungarian (magyar), Indonesian (Indonesia), Italian (Italiano), Japanese (日本語), Klingon (tlhIngan), Klingon (Kronos), Korean (한국어), Latvian (Latviešu), Lithuanian (Lietuvių), Malay (Melayu), Norwegian (Norsk), Persian (Farsi) (فارسی), Polish (Polski), Portuguese (Português), Romanian (Română), Russian (русский), Slovak (slovenčina), Slovenian (slovenščina), Spanish (Español), Swedish (Svenska), Thai (ไทย), Turkish (Türkçe), Ukrainian (українська), Urdu (اردو) and Vietnamese (Việt Nam).
- Available as AutoCAD App (Plug-in/Add-in).
The TransTips command dialog
The Line command's tooltip translated into Bulgarian
Right-to-left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew are also supported
It also works with toolbars
And inside certain dialogs, such as the one for the all-important OPTIONS command
TransTips can be downloaded and installed as an app from the Autodesk App Store site. Purchase is also available through this site.
Trial: In trial mode only a couple of translations are done per AutoCAD session to show how it works. When purchased it can be used without restrictions. Download trial from Autodesk App Store.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk App Store the download is available on the Autodesk App Store My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Jump to the documentation section.
Compatible with AutoCAD 2012 up to AutoCAD 2018. All flavors based on AutoCAD should be working like AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS), AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
JTB World is an Autodesk Authorised Developer
The license is perpetual and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough.
If you have really many users that you want to give access to this software we can discuss a discounted price based on your particular situation. Educational discounts available.
Available payment methods depending on country where payment is done from: Local Bank Transfer (Canada), Wire Transfer to Canada, Interac e-Transfer, Cheque (to Canada). Via BlueSnap (Global Payment Gateway) these methods may be available (not a complete list as it is updated from time to time by BlueSnap): Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Apple Pay, Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney, SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit, Sofort, Giropay, iDeal and Alipay (PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) - Refund policy
Installation of the AutoCAD app
Run the installer downloaded from Autodesk App Store. You may need to restart AutoCAD to activate the app.
To uninstall this app, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
The TransTips command can be used to select the language into which AutoCAD's tooltips will be translated into using the Bing Translator web service. A command-line version of the command (-TransTips) has also been provided to enable this language choice via a startup script.
The TransTipsSRC command can be used to select the language into which AutoCAD's tooltips will be translated from using the Bing Translator web service. A command-line version of the command (-TransTipsSRC) has also been provided to enable this language choice via a startup script.
Automatically translations that cached in "%Appdata%\Autodesk\TransTips Cache -<product name>" and can manually be edited for better translations.
- 2017-03-21 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD 2018
- 2016-05-25 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD 2017
- 2015-04-13 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD 2016
- 2013-07-15 - version 1.2
- Trial and purchase versions created. More tooltips are translated. Language settings are remembered between AutoCAD sessions. First release by JTB World.
- Added support to AutoCAD 2014 (No change in version number)
- Updated to support AutoCAD 2013
- Original release ADN Plugin of the Month
Contact us for any questions, wishes or comments.