- This app highlights dimensions in a drawing for which the user has customized or edited the dimension text and helps to ensure the quality of the drawings.
- Once loaded, the DIMPATROL command can be used to turn on (and off) the highlighting of potentially problematic dimensions: dimensions whose text has been overridden and therefore may not match the actual dimension.
- To change the color used to highlight the dimension, use the DIMPATROLCOLOR command or for command line usage -DIMPATROLCOLOR. To change the transparency used, use the DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY command.
- In trial mode there is a limited number of highlights per AutoCAD session.
- Works with Associative dimensions and Nonassociative dimensions where the text has been edited with for example DDEDIT or DIMEDIT or using Text override in Properties. Exploded dimensions are not supported.
- Works with all kind of dimension objects like linear dimension (horizontal and vertical rotated dimension), aligned linear dimension, angular dimension (3 point angular dimension), arc length dimension, radius dimension (radial dimension), diameter dimension (diametric dimension), jogged dimension and ordinate dimension.
- Available as AutoCAD App (Plug-in/Add-in).
Manually overridden dimension are highlighted in red by the DimensionPatrol plugin.
Transparency set to 70%.
Avoid costly mistakes by patrolling, verifying, checking your dimensions with this quality assurance dimension app and make sure dimension text is not manually changed when it should be automatic.
Tags for search: check, verify, patrol, test, QA.
DimensionPatrol can be downloaded and installed as an app from the Autodesk App Store site as a free trial. Purchase is also available through this site or by contacting us.
Trial: In trial mode DimensionPatrol works only on a limited number of dimensions per drawing. When purchased it can be used without restrictions. Download trial from Autodesk App Store.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk App Store the download is available on My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Compatible with AutoCAD 2012 up to AutoCAD 2020. All flavors based on AutoCAD should be working like AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS), AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Autodesk Advance Steel.
Compatible with those operating systems AutoCAD runs on like Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Older Windows versions might also work but are not directly supported.
Contact us if support for other CAD software is needed like BricsCAD.
JTB World is an Autodesk Authorised Developer
The license is perpetual and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough. Special discount can be given for multiple licenses.
Available payment methods depending on country where payment is done from: Local Bank Transfer (Canada), Wire Transfer to Canada, Interac e-Transfer, Cheque (to Canada). Via BlueSnap (Global Payment Gateway) these methods may be available (not a complete list as it is updated from time to time by BlueSnap): Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, ACH, Google Pay, UK Direct Debit, Smart Debit, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Apple Pay, Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney, Sofort, Giropay, iDeal, ENETS and Alipay (SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit, PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) - Refund policy
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR
On Windows 10 Version 1703 or later press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings or click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Click on Apps. On Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (older than Version 1703) click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features or Control Panel > Add. On Windows XP click Control Panel > Programs > Remove Programs.
Once loaded, the DIMPATROL command can be used to turn on (and off) the highlighting of potentially problematic dimensions: dimensions whose text has been overridden and therefore may not match the actual dimension.
To change the color used to highlight the dimension, use the DIMPATROLCOLOR command or for command line usage -DIMPATROLCOLOR.
To change the transparency used, use the DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY command.
- 2019-03-28 - version 1.3 update
- Added Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2020 support. No change in version number.
- 2018-03-22 - version 1.3 update
- Added Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019 support. No change in version number.
- 2017-03-21 - version 1.3 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2018 (no version number change)
- 2016-03-22 - version 1.3 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2017 (no version number change)
- 2015-03-20 - version 1.3
- Added support to AutoCAD® 2016
Fixed a fatal error that could happen in some situations
Digital signing of dll and installer
- Added support to AutoCAD® 2016
- 2014-04-02 - version 1.2 update
- Updated installer for the Autodesk App version to support AutoCAD 2015 and verticals.
- 2013-08-03 - version 1.2
- DIMPATROLCOLOR now shows a dialog box to allow color selection as well as the limitation of color 1-7 is removed.
- -DIMPATROLCOLOR is added for command line usage.
- DIMPATROLTRANSPARENCY is a new command added.
- Settings are remembered between AutoCAD sessions.
- Trial and Purchase versions created.
- First release by JTB World.
- Added support to AutoCAD 2014 (No change in version number)
- Updated to support AutoCAD 2013 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format
- Added VS 2010 project required for AutoCAD 2013
- Updated to support AutoCAD 2012 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format.
- Updated help to HTML file and to reflect new load mechanism.
- Update to not highlight dimension's with text containing "<>"
- Original release as ADN Plugin of the Month.
Contact us for any questions, wishes or comments.