- This app can be used with AutoCAD to enable the OFFSET command to work with externally referenced drawings, blocks, and lines within associated arrays, dimensions and tables.
- Once loaded, the standard OFFSET command will work with blocks and externally referenced content: instead of responding "Cannot offset that object.", the app will automatically copy the selected object into the current drawing, allowing it to participate with the OFFSET command.
- The lowest-level object will be selected, if part of a nested Xref or block, but some objects - such as Hatches - will still cause the "Cannot offset that object" prompt to be displayed.
- All objects copied temporarily into the drawing will be erased automatically at the end of the OFFSET command.
- The app can either have the OFFSET command create geometry on the current layer (the default) or the source layer. The XOFFSETLAYER command allows configuration of this option.
- Available as AutoCAD App (Plug-in/Add-in).
If you purchased on or after November 1, 2017 the upgrade is free of charge.
Uninstall of previous version older than 2.0 is needed before installing version 2.0 or newer.
This installer will install JTB OffsetInXref as an AutoCAD app.
- JTB OffsetInXref 2.1.0.exe
- Older version, contact us.
Trial: In trial mode OffsetInXref works a few times per AutoCAD session. When purchased it can be used without restrictions.
JTB OffsetInXref can be also be downloaded and installed as an app from the Autodesk App Store site as a free trial.
If purchase has been done via Autodesk App Store the download is available on My Downloads page. Sign in with the same account used when purchasing.
Compatible with AutoCAD 2012 up to AutoCAD 2020. All flavors based on AutoCAD should be working like AutoCAD Architecture (ACA), AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD MEP (AMEP, ABS), AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Autodesk Advance Steel.
Compatible with those operating systems AutoCAD runs on like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Older Windows versions like Windows Vista and Windows XP might also work but are not directly supported.
Contact us if support for other CAD software is needed like BricsCAD.
JTB World is an Autodesk Authorised Developer
The license is perpetual for the version purchased (future versions might be charged for) and support is included. If you have more than one computer and you are the only user of the application one license is enough.
Available payment methods depending on country where payment is done from: Local Bank Transfer (Canada), Wire Transfer to Canada, Interac e-Transfer, Cheque (to Canada). Via BlueSnap (Global Payment Gateway) these methods may be available (not a complete list as it is updated from time to time by BlueSnap): Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Carte Bleue), PayPal, Local Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, ACH, Google Pay, UK Direct Debit, Smart Debit, Real-time Bank Transfer, Electronic Check (ECP), Apple Pay, Skrill (Moneybookers), WebMoney, Sofort, Giropay, iDeal, ENETS and Alipay (SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Direct Debit, PaySafeCard, Ukash, cashU, Boleto Bancario, Boleto Bancario can be made available upon request) - Refund policy
Run the installer to install the app. You may need to restart the Autodesk product if it was running.
For deployment on multiple machines silent/automated installation can be done, /server and /port is used to specify the network license server and port, change as needed:
JTB OffsetInXref <version>.exe /server="myservernamehere" /port=56712 /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPRESSMSGBOXES /LOG=”%TEMP%\JTB OffsetInXref.LOG”
Use this in a BAT, CMD, VBS or by other means.
Activation of license
Activation: Once installed, the app is running in Trial Mode, with Trial License. Trial License will expire 30 days after first usage. Once purchased a license run JTBW_Activate_Apps, Activate the app and follow the instructions. After receiving the Activation Key you can use this app with full functionality.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR
On Windows 10 Version 1703 or later press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings or click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Click on Apps. On Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (older than Version 1703) click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features or Control Panel > Add. On Windows XP click Control Panel > Programs > Remove Programs.
Once loaded, the standard OFFSET command will work with blocks and externally referenced content: instead of responding "Cannot offset that object.", the app will automatically copy the selected object into the current drawing, allowing it to participate with the OFFSET command.
The lowest-level object will be selected, if part of a nested Xref or block, but some objects - such as Hatches - will still cause the "Cannot offset that object" prompt to be displayed.
All objects copied temporarily into the drawing will be erased automatically at the end of the OFFSET command.
The app can either have the OFFSET command create geometry on the current layer (the default) or the source layer. The XOFFSETLAYER command allows configuration of this option.
Known issue: AutoCAD 2015 added cursor badges and running Offset can result in showing a cursor badge like below (a circle with a line through) and the command line showing "Cannot offset that object.". CURSORBADGE variable is not affecting this. Even though this happens you can still offset valid nested objects.
- 2019-12-03 - version 2.1
- Move offset nested entity to the container's layer if its layer is "0".
- 2019-11-08 - version 2.0
- Fixed xdata issue. Enhanced the algorithm making it work with dynamic blocks or line objects containing xdata.
- Added new licensing.
- Fixed a bug when the xref was opened by the same or another user.
- New type of installer. Uninstall of previous version older than 2.0 is needed.
- 2019-03-28 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2020 (no version number change)
- 2018-03-22 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2019 (no version number change)
- 2017-03-21 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2018 (no version number change)
- 2016-03-22 - version 1.2 update
- Added support for AutoCAD® 2017 (no version number change)
- 2015-03-20 - version 1.2 update
- Added support to AutoCAD® 2016 (No change in version number)
Digital signing of DLL and installer added
- Added support to AutoCAD® 2016 (No change in version number)
- 2014-04-02 - version 1.2 update
- Updated installer for the Autodesk App version to support AutoCAD 2015 and verticals.
- 2013-07-15 - version 1.2
- Added support for "heavy polylines" (2D Polyline) and dimension objects.
- XOFFSETLAYER setting is remembered between AutoCAD sessions.
- Fixed some issues that could cause AutoCAD to crash.
- First release by JTB World.
- Added support to AutoCAD 2014 (No change in version number)
- Updated to support AutoCAD 2013 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format
- Added VS 2010 project required for AutoCAD 2013
- Updated to support AutoCAD 2012 Exchange Store autoloader bundle format
- Updated help to HTML file and to reflect new load mechanism
- Removed automatic registration/de-registration code (handled by new load mechanism)
- Updated project to VS 2008 from 2005
- Changed build have single DLL for 32- and 64-bit
- Added support for XLINE command and for standard blocks
- Added exception handler around Registry access code
- Added release history to ReadMe
- Original release as ADN Plugin of the Month.
"Latest Version Works Flawless. Been using since 2015, installed on every workstation at my firm, essential for workflow if you use external references. Latest version 2.1.0 includes two fixes which I directly requested of JTB World and now this app performs flawlessly. It seemlessly expands AutoCAD's native OFFSET command to support external references which is a big help with the workflow of our firm. I highly recomend." - Rick Tolleshaug
Engineering Strategies, Inc.
RPS Australia East Pty Ltd.
Precision Geomatics Inc.
Hatch Mott MacDonald
UDP Consulting Engineers & Project Managers
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc.
FORTH CONSULTING PTY LTD
ADB Airfield Solutions
Hyundai Architects & Engineers Assoc.
Nicor Gas, AGL Resources
Contact us for any questions, wishes or comments.